The Prayer of Saint Francis
make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.
—Francis of Assisi (1182?–1226)
What is the meaning of the Prayer of Saint Francis?
- Pray for Right Service
- Sow Good for Bad
- Give to Recieve
Related Pages of Free Information
- 5 Main Spiritual Failures
- Coping Skills: Free Help
- New Testament: List of Links to Books
- Poems by Topic: Be Me
- Poems by Topic: Churchianity
- Poems by Topic: Fight the Good Fight
- Poems by Topic: “IF” by Rudyard Kipling
- Poems by Topic: Pray for Suffering
- Poems by Topic: Reflections
- Poems by Topic: Somebody Please
- Poems by Topic: Upside-Down
- Poems by Topic: Who is My World?
- Praying Issues: Free Help
- Scripture: Prayer & Praying
- Scripture by Topic: List Pages
- Read to discover a comprehensive understanding of the self.