“Yes-And” Method for Handling Temptation
- Self: Who Am I? will awaken you to the spiritual nature of your being.
- Read for a system to improve your coping and happiness.
The “Yes-And” Method for Inner Conflict & Temptation
“Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.” —Matthew 5:25
- This method is for winning by not fighting.
Respond about the Past Or Confess
- Yes, I did that evil act then, and now God is drawing me to do the good instead.
- Yes, I did that wrong thing then, and isn’t it wonderful that now I can do the opposite!
- Yes, I was acting like a […], but isn’t it great that I am not a […] so I can act the opposite in the future!
Claim the Present Or Choose Better Now
- Yes, I desire to do that evil, and fortunately, God is drawing me to choose otherwise.
- Yes, I am strongly inclined to commit that error, and I am being given the grace I need from God to do the opposite.
- Yes, the temptation is great to do that, and God is good to me in that he will hide me from great temptation until it passes.
Choose Your Future
- Yes, my flesh does want that evil and isn’t it great that God’s angels are leading in the opposite direction!
- Yes, I am inclined to think and act that way, and it is also true that I am free to think, feel, and act against those self-defeating ways.
- Yes, I often want what is wrong for me, but I will resist choosing or doing wrong by refocusing on something positive.
Resist After Confessing
Confessing Doesn’t Mean Agreeing Again
- If I resist before I confess, then I will be lost in an endless fight that I can only lose.
- Yet, if I resist after I confess, then I can act the opposite and win.
Overcome Temptation by First Accepting Temptation
- If I try to overcome temptation by disagreeing, then I will eventually lose.
- Yet, if I first agree, then I can overcome temptation.
Weakness for Winning or Losing
- If from weakness, I try to cope with or problem-solve temptation, then I will fail.
- Yet, if I use my weakness to agree with the wrong desire and to turn it over to God—then I will win.
#Temptation #Pass: 2018-04-20
• Distract yourself for 20 minutes; and, if you don’t feed a compulsion, temptation, or urge, then it will lose energy and pass.
• Do something you love for 20 minutes; and, if you don’t feed a compulsion, temptation, or urge, then it will lose energy and pass.
• Keep redirecting your attention for 20 minutes; and, if you don’t feed a compulsion, temptation, or urge, then it will lose energy and pass.
• Keep your focus on something positive for 20 minutes; and, if you don’t feed a compulsion, temptation, or urge, then it will lose energy and pass.
• Fully engage in a productive conversation for 20 minutes; and, if you don’t feed a compulsion, temptation, or urge, then it will lose energy and pass.
Related Pages of Free Information
- 5 Functions & Parts of Self
- 5 Step Solution to Self-Esteem
- Be Container, Not Contents
- Choose Higher when Tempted by Lower
- Coping Skills: Free Help
- Ego & Pride Issues: List of Pages
- Focus on 3 Truths for Right Identity
- Recovery Issues: Free Help
- Self-Esteem Issues: List of Pages
- Read for the best understanding of how crazy your thinking can make you.