About ItIs Not ItRelated Pages
Thoughts & Feelings Are Not What They Are About
- Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT & REBT).
“About it is not it.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
- Read to understand how insane human thinking is on a daily basis.
Note about This Page
- This page could start under “Thinking Skills” but it was put under “Responsibility Issues” to emphasize the choice to take and treat thoughts and feelings about something as that something.
- “About” is treated as a subject and verb on this page.
- This page is related to the topics covered in We’re All Insane! Second Edition.
WHAT IS “ABOUT”
- About casts a screen over the world.
- About is interpretation.
- About is perspective.
- About is not the real.
- About is reductionistic.
- About is subjective.
- About limits by limiting focus.
HOW TO HANDLE “ABOUT”
- Follow out about until you can follow sensing again.
- Recognize that memory is about, not the real.
- Use about to locate a part or piece, not to view the whole.
INSTEAD OF “ABOUT”
- Follow sensing, not about.
- Follow hosting, not about.
Related Pages of Free Information
- 4 Seconds Is All You Need
- 10 Ways to Change & Control Others
- 12 Steps Stop Shit
- Coping Skills: Free Help
- Emotional Responsibility & Maturity: List of Pages
- Quotations by Topic: Semantics & Words
- Responsibility Issues: Free Help
- Thinking Skills: List of Pages
- Two Healthy Options PDF: Problem-Solving & Coping
- Read for a system to manage your attitudes, feelings, and thoughts.