Fundamental Drives & Motivations
- The Secret of Maturity, Third Edition for 99¢ will teach you how to own the power of emotional responsibility.
“Nor, again, can the will be right without a right attitude of mind; for this is the source of will.” —Seneca
“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” —Albert Einstein
9 Options or Choices for What to Will
The options you focus on determine the purpose and value of your life.
- The will to power (Nietzsche) is the ego.
- The will to superiority (Nathaniel Branden) is self-esteem.
- The will to pleasure (Freud) is the body.
- The will to meaning (Viktor Frankl) is the soul.
- The will to contact (Virginia Satir ) is the heart.
- The will to service (Alfred Adler) is community.
- The will to consciousness (FitzMaurice) is the self.
- The will to life (Schopenhauer) is health.
- The will to believe (William James) is thinking.
More Expressions of Will
- The will to connection
- The will to contact.
- The will to identity.
- The will to superiority.
Luck or Good Fortune
- There might also exist the will to good fortune.
- This might also be called the will to have good luck.
- Perhaps the Irish have this “will” since they often attribute their good fortune to “The Luck of the Irish.”
#Will #Life: 2020-08-09
1. Will is the meaning of life.
2. Will is the expression of life for life.
3. Will is the expression of the soul’s intentions.
4. Will is the movement of purpose towards a goal.
5. Will is the driving force of your beating heart and breathing lungs.