Fundamental Drives & Motivations
- The Secret of Maturity, Third Edition for 99¢ will teach you how to own the power of emotional responsibility.
“Nor, again, can the will be right without a right attitude of mind; for this is the source of will.” —Seneca
“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” —Albert Einstein
9 Options or Choices for What to Will
The options you focus on determine the purpose and value of your life.
- The will to power (Nietzsche) is the ego.
- The will to superiority (Nathaniel Branden) is self-esteem.
- The will to pleasure (Freud) is the body.
- The will to meaning (Viktor Frankl) is the soul.
- The will to contact (Virginia Satir ) is the heart.
- The will to service (Alfred Adler) is community.
- The will to consciousness (FitzMaurice) is the self.
- The will to life (Schopenhauer) is health.
- The will to believe (William James) is thinking.
Luck or Good Fortune
- There might also exist the will to good fortune.
- This might also be called the will to have good luck.
- Perhaps the Irish have this “will” since they often attribute their good fortune to “The Luck of the Irish.”