Fundamental Drives & Motivations
- The Secret of Maturity, Third Edition for 99¢ will teach you how to own the power of emotional responsibility.
“Nor, again, can the will be right without a right attitude of mind; for this is the source of will.” —Seneca
“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” —Albert Einstein
7 Options or Choices for What to Will
The options you focus on determine the purpose and value of your life.
- The will to power is ego.
- The will to superiority is self-esteem.
- The will to pleasure is body.
- The will to meaning is soul.
- The will to contact is heart.
- The will to service is community.
- The will to consciousness is self.
Luck or Good Fortune
- There might also exist the will to good fortune.
- This might also be called the will to have good luck.
- Perhaps the Irish have this “will” since they often attribute their good fortune to “The Luck of the Irish.”