Ken Wilber’s Integral Model & Postmodernism
- We’re All Insane! Second Edition will teach you how to think better and saner.
- Planet Earth: Insane Asylum for the Universe, Second Editon exposes Postmodernism to be foolishness.
A Simple Model of Wilber’s Integral System of the Development of Thinking
- Six levels: Magneta, Red, Amber, Orange, Green, Teal.
- The six levels are organized from bottom to top.
- Teal (6) is the top of this “developmental” model.
- Each stage is supposed to incorporate and improve on the one before it.
- Ken Wilber’s full name is Kenneth Earl Wilber II.
- Animist Tribe, Magical Thinking
- Power, Impulse, Egocentric
- Integral/Second Tier
Postmodernism Is Death, Decay, & Destruction
- Wilber freely recognizes that Postmodernism, as it exists, is destructive and self-defeating.
- Postmodernism does not fit the basic premise of Wilber’s model that each higher level incorporates and improves on the one before it (and generally all levels before it) because Postmodernism seeks to destroy and invalidate the levels before it.
- Postmodernism must die in order to become the seed that gives birth to the Integral level or the next stage of development.
- The seed that Postmodernism must die to become is the principle of unlimited integration and incorporation.
- The Integral level is when everything is used (integrated) for what it has to offer (contribute) and then is discarded (viewed as an inferior stage of development).
- Postmodernism is retrogression, not growth. As such, Postmodernism should not be level (5) Green. Instead, Postmodernism should be level (1) of the next set of stages of development. Teal should level (2) of that same new system of development.
“Postmodernism is de-evolution unto infantilism.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
First Level of the Development of Thinking (Tier 1)
- Animist Tribe, Magical Thinking
- Power, Impulse, Egocentric
Second Level of the Development of Thinking (Tier 2) with 2 Levels Above Teal
- We now propose two levels above Teal.
- Death, decay, and destruction of Tier 1.
- The seed or ashes for Teal to rise from.
- Teal is best understood by the many-pointed doctrine of Jainism: Anekantavada.
(3) Self-consciousness in relation to God.
- The experiences of this stage are often first interpreted in a childish fashion as the person being one with everything (Unity Consciousness).
(4) Awareness of God in relation to the world and all existence.
- The experiences of this stage are often first interpreted in a childish fashion as the person being one with God (God Consciousness).
- This is bliss, the continual worship of God and His infinite goodness, and the sharing of that worship with others.
- Waking-up experiences are misinterpreted.
- The oneness experience is of how everything is floating in the One Spirit and is sustained by the One Spirit.
- It is not of how all things are one. It is how all things exist in the One. There is only one God, one Spirit, and one Self.
- The oneness experience is of how there is only One God, and you are a mere host for God.
- It is not about how you are God. It is not about how you are an aspect of God or a co-creating god.
3. Heaven Within
- The oneness experience is of how all exists within you.
- It is not about how you help create or cause all because all is in you. You host and reflect all because you are an image of God. Wonderful. But you are not God or one of many gods making up the force of existence.
- Children are like those in Heaven and host God. They are where we need to be.
- Three common waking-up lies: all is one, all is you, all is supported by you.
Problems with Voidism
- Voidism is the belief that ultimate reality has no form. This belief is found in Buddhism and Hinduism.
- In all experiences in the world, there is a form of some kind. Why imagine no form in the afterlife?
- How is it better or more advanced to have no form? Why is there this hate of form?
- Consider the fact that form is better and more advanced in Heaven than it is on Earth.
- Consider the fact that form is integrated into the experience of God and does not deny that God is pure Energy.
- Why not take advantage of form? Why assume form is inherently a limitation?
- Why not have form? How would form get in the way? Yes, the Ultimate is formless, but there is form worshiping the Ultimate.
- Wilber claims that we are the body and an organism, but he sees us as living beyond and without the body in the afterlife. This is a contradiction.
- Wilber claims all teachings with forms and beings are mythic when only some are. This is an example of overgeneralizing.
- Wilber has a strong prejudice against God having a form without any justification for that prejudice that I am aware of. I suggest Wilber integrate advanced forms into the end experience, not into all of it, but when appropriate.
Problems with the Dogmatism of Developmentalism
- Wilber says waking-up experiences are like those of a child’s awareness of oneness with everything, but he goes on to say that children are not enlightened. This is a contradiction.
- Wilber has to keep children low in development due to his dogma of the evolution of all things instead of recognizing failure and de-evolution occurring (e.g., the myth of the fall from grace).
- Wilber’s rigid attachment to development theory (evolution) means that everything must fit into a hierarchy of progression and be made to fit whether it does or not. For example, Postmodernism is retrogression, not advancement. For example, child consciousness is the goal, and it is not narcissistic or ego-based even though it soon becomes such from contact with adults.
- Wilber has no recognition of human development going backward, which humans often do, for example, communist countries like China and North Korea.
- Wilber has no recognition of humans losing or forgetting a developmental stage, which humans often do as archeology continually shows when ancient cities or civilizations are uncovered.
#Oneness #Enlightenment: 2020-03-30
1. You are the host of oneness, not oneness.
2. You are the host of oneness, but it is not about you.
3. You are the host of oneness, not the creator of oneness.
4. You are the host of oneness, but not necessary to oneness.
5. You are the host of oneness; therefore, you can experience one Energy containing and supporting all.
#Limitation #Dichotomy: 2020-04-10
1. The seductive power of the opposites blinds us to the concomitant realities that exist side by side with our dualities no matter how overarching we imagine our dualities to be, for example, integral versus non-integral wipes out everything else.
2. The “subject and object” view of life is correct; however, this view does not include the greater part of life, which cannot fit into the categories of subject and object.
3. The war of the rational versus the irrational is a false war because both positions require their opposite to exist (symbiosis) while simultaneously leaving out other viable systems of inquiry.
4. The war of order versus chaos is a false war because both require the other (synergy) while simultaneously leaving out the impact of other forces that are ignored or unrecognized, such as creativity and virtue.
5. People reject dualities that they do not like and embrace dualities that they do like; however, there are higher levels of thinking such as trialities, the five thinking positions (5TP), continuum thinking, and continuum-thinking squared.