But Life Often Shows that 1 + 1 = 3
• Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Despite what you learned in grammar school about 1 + 1 = 2.
Life often shows that 1 + 1 = 3.
- When you add one man and one woman, you can get three: one man, one woman, one baby.
- When you juxtapose two images in poetry, you should get a third picture, sensation, or feeling.
- When you engage in dialectics, you can arrive at a third conclusion based on the two opposing positions.
- When you engage in dialectics, you can use two opposites to discover a third possibility.
- When you take a thesis and an antithesis, you can add them to get a third: their synthesis.
- Yin and yang in Eastern philosophy represent the opposites that when combined and mixed make all the third things that exist.
- When you have an unpleasant task to do and you think of yet another unpleasant task to be done, you often avoid both by engaging in a third task.
- When you compare the theoretical to the practical, you can discover new information (third) about both.
- When you take two chemicals in chemistry and combine them, you can arrive at a third new chemical.
- In manufacturing, two materials are often combined to make a third material.
- In comedy, two contrasting images are juxtaposed to make a third effect: release through laughter.