Science Versus Scientism
- We’re All Insane! Second Edition will teach you how to think better and saner.
“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.” —Richard Phillips Feynman, world-famous scientist and educator
“We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know.” —Albert Einstein
“Science, in the very act of solving problems, creates more.” —Abraham Flexner, medical education reformer, 1866-1959
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” —Albert Einstein
“A little science will ruin your religion, and a lot of science will bring your religion back.” —Anonymous
“Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe—a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.” —Albert Einstein
“That there is indeed a limit upon science is made very likely by the existence of questions that science cannot answer and that no conceivable advance of science would empower it to answer… It is not to science, therefore but to metaphysics, imaginative literature or religion that we must turn for answers to questions having to do with first and last things.” ―Peter Medawar, The Limits of Science
Note on Friedrich Nietzsche
Here are some ideas that are attributed to Friedrich Nietzsche:
- Science cannot provide truth, but only descriptions.
- Science has no truths about “why,” but only observations about “how.”
Solution to Scientific Mayhem
In order to stop the horrific destruction of the plants, animals, and environment of the world by the unprincipled practices of unregulated science, one solution would be to require licensure for all practicing scientists. Even hairdressers are licensed to protect the public.
Licensure would include rules for scientists such as:
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot posit as science or scientific anything that cannot be either proved or disproved by the scientific method.
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot claim any theory, concept, or idea is scientific if that theory, concept, or idea cannot be either proved or disproved by the scientific method.
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot make any statements to the public that are meant to represent science or to be considered as scientific if such statements cannot be either proved or disproved by the scientific method.
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot help to manufacture or to produce products without knowing the long-term interactions and effects of those products.
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot work for corporations or companies whose long-term effects on the health of humans or the environment are destructive, dangerous, or harmful in any way.
- A Licensed Professional Scientist (LPS) cannot experiment on the general population by helping to manufacture food or medical products that have not been proven safe for humans and the environment through long-term studies.
Science versus Scientism
- Science has always existed–only the labeling of discovery and invention as “science” is new.
- There is no such thing as science, but there does exist the term or label “science” that is often applied to many activities that have existed throughout human history.
- Scientism is the blind belief in the benefits and goodness of science.
- Scientism has all the faults and negative traits of any of the major religions because Scientism adopts the same type of dogmatic attitude. The religion of science is the most dogmatic and closed-minded religion of all.
- Scientism is faith in the very processes that are destroying our air, water, and land.
- Science as a goal for thinking and behaving is an ideal that the world has never approached nor is likely to ever realize. The least likely to realize a true scientific spirit and attitude towards life are known as scientists.
- For every one moral or ethical scents there are a hundred-thousand more immoral, amoral, and unethical scientists.
Science As Deity
The greatest current superstition is that science exists as some god that will do good; however, science does not exist as any one thing, as any system, as any collective, or as any organized faith–there is only fragmentation, dysfunction, exploitation, and chaos under the name of science.
Belief in science is the new pantheism projected onto textbooks instead of trees. Believing that science can solve the problems of the world is to engage in magical thinking.
The evidence tells us that the results of science are destroying society and the world; however, those with blind faith in science ignore facts, research, and evidence.
Science thinks because it can do something, therefore, it has the right to do it; however, this is faulty logic that skips the process of testing long-term results for having innovation at any cost.
- Science might have the good intention to produce more powerful motors or engines; however, in the long run, the results of such work often causes more pollution problems.
- Science might have the good intention to produce some better medications; however, in the long run, the results of such work often causes people more harmful side effects.
- Science might have the good intention to produce crops that survive better; however, in the long run, the results of such work often causes more farming problems than they solve.
- Science might have the good intention to produce cheaper automobiles; however, in the long run, the results of such work often causes a greater fragmentation and disintegration of local communities and the society at large.
- The scientific method has always existed–only the labeling of testing and verifying as the “scientific method” is new. Leonardo da Vinci defined the scientific method centuries before textbooks claim it was first formulated.
There is no entity that is the “scientific method”, but there does exist a method of testing and verifying common even to infants that can be labeled as the “scientific method”.
Science has always been integral to human methods and there are both advantages and disadvantages to raising it above its everyday usages on the farm or in the home.
Science does not use the scientific method for its discoveries but only to prove them. The history of science shows that there is no stronger group of dogmatic and prejudiced people than scientists even with regards to their own.
The history of science also shows that most scientific breakthroughs come by accident, chance, mistake, or by any other means than the scientific method.
The current myths and superstitions promulgated by scientists are not tested or verified with the scientific method, which demonstrates the bad faith scientists have in the scientific method.
We need to cure the mental illness known as Scientism, which consists of many deep-seated and extreme beliefs which are hypocritically exploited and not followed whenever they are inconvenient for scientific dogma. Science proposes much foolishness as fact that it cannot see, taste, touch, test, alter, or verify.
If the scientific method cannot be used, then it is not current science.
If the scientific method cannot be used, then do not talk about it as a scientist; instead, talk about it as a Buddhist, communist, or something else.
Scientists hide behind the scientific method to propose ideas that they do not use the scientific method to test or verify.
Scientists should not speak about anything that they did not or cannot use the scientific method with, because such things are not yet within the domain of science.
Scientists refuse moral and ethical responsibility for the destruction of the environment from the inventions of science; however, it may still be possible for scientists to demonstrate integrity by not speaking about anything they have not yet used the scientific method to verify.
“The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to and you don’t know how or why.”–Albert Einstein
An external link to begin to understand what it means to call something proven and scientific.
Scientists have no moral responsibility. Scientists have no ethical accountability. We cannot let scientists do whatever they want to do just because they can do it. We must make these monsters responsible and accountable for the environmental menaces they keep creating. We must make these dolts follow the scientific method to test the long-term effects of what they do because scientists lack the integrity to demand it of themselves.
Scientists are not Vulcans. Scientists are humans driven by emotions, irrationality, covetousness, and greed. The lowest form of group life on the planet is the group with the lowest values, ethics, and morals as demonstrated by its accomplishments and results.
One would think that it would be hard to beat terrorists who attack the Red Cross, bomb and burn hospitals, bomb and burn schools, and use children for walking bombs for the title of the lowest form of life to ever have existed.
Unfortunately, scientists beat terrorists hands down. Why? Because for every one moral scientist there exist a hundred-thousand immoral scientists. For every one scientist providing a solution to real problems, there are a hundred thousand more scientists creating new problems and disasters. Science contributes more to causing, creating, and sustaining problems than it does to alleviate them. Most of the horrors being committed all over the Earth against both people and the Earth itself are committed with the creations of science.
There exists no majority of rational, objective, and ethical scientists despite the many myths of such and our need for heroes and heroines. Scientists do more damage than all of the armies and terrorists of the world combined. How many species of plant and animal life will we let become extinct from the works of science before we put controls on the greedy, phony hypocrites who call themselves scientists as if that term can justify any action?
Even England has apologized for some of its crimes against some of the people of the world. When is science ever going to apologize for any of its millions of crimes against the planet, other species, and human beings?
Humans need to progress in compassion and understanding, and science needs to stop progressing beyond our ability to regulate it.
Science is already too far ahead of the human ability to control or restrain science and the evils it unleashes like chemical warfare, pollution, atomic bombs, toxic waste, dirty power, and ever more creative and efficient ways to kill humans, the environment, and the habitat of other species.
Why We Cannot Challenge or Examine Science
- Science is the excuse and defense that modern Western civilization clings to in order to claim it is superior over previous civilizations.
- Science is the excuse and defense Western civilization uses to claim it is superior to so-called primitive societies that are considered primitive solely because they did not or do not build with stone or create lasting structures.
- Since science is the basis of the pride and superiority feelings of modern Western peoples, it is nearly impossible for Westerners to take a rational accounting of the devastating results that science has had on the environment, our quality of life, the health of human beings, the extermination and extinction of millions of plant species, the extermination and extinction of millions of animal species, and the world in general.
- Without science as an excuse and defense, any and all previous societies look better in many ways than the Western mechanical and deadening systems of government, education, and business.
- Yes, the cry of technology is the cry of superiority. Propaganda for science as the highest point of any civilization and the crowning achievement of Western civilization can be found in most school textbooks in Western countries. Brainwashing beings very early.
- The only hope for our planet is to fight fire with fire and finally to turn science in on itself to cure itself of its lack of foresight, greed, foolhardiness, blindness, lack of accountability, and lack of responsibility.
Science measures only things, not realities.
Science is the name given to the freedom to open Pandora’s box.
Scientists are pinheads trying to pigeonhole the world.
- Science has given us the means to harm the air we breathe.
- Science has given us the means to harm the water we drink.
- Science has given us the means to harm the land we farm.
- Science has given us the means to destroy countless forms of plant species.
- Science has given us the means to destroy countless forms of animal species.
- Science has given us the means to destroy countless forms of streams, rivers, lakes, forests, mountains, coral reefs, and much more.
- Yet some still claim that all this destruction in the service of science hasn’t had and can’t have any effect on the global climate.
- Why make such claims? Because reason, logic, intelligence, and the ability to think freely are often surrendered to the service of greed or capitalism.
Protecting your pride is like pretending there is no environmental crisis despite the millions of plant and animal species that out-of-control science has already made extinct.
Men, women, and children should not be used for scientific experiments just because they eat food. History shows that science proceeds blindly without considering the long-term results of its actions. We must curb science and force its compulsion to invent and change things just because it can. Temper and regulate science now with reason based on the scientific method being applied to long-term results.
- Scientists are the real terrorists according to the survival of species on planet Earth.
- Scientists are those who show less responsibility for their actions and results than do little children.
- Do you think that the last 100 species exterminated by the products of science care that some scientists are ethical?
- Until scientists police and monitor their own, they will remain an unconscionable and unacceptable group.
Are scientists maniacs who seek to make the world uninhabitable for anything but cockroaches? Or, does it just appear that way from the results of their efforts?
Science serving profit is the death of all.
- You cannot function in life by using only proven facts.
- Scientific facts are not enough to allow you to cross a busy city street.
- Scientific facts are not enough to enjoy romance, love, or friendship.
- Scientific facts are not enough to appreciate and enjoy movies, music, and beauty.
- Scientific facts are not enough to allow you to have faith and hope that it’s worth your time to plan for tomorrow.
“How can cosmic religious feeling be communicated from one person to another, if it can give rise to no definite notion of a God and no theology? In my view, it is the most important function of art and science to awaken this feeling and keep it alive in those who are receptive to it.” —Albert Einstein, The World as I See It
- An Atheist on Evolution “The Deniable Darwin”: External Link
- Atheism Is Superstitious
- Evolution Exposed
- Pages by Topic: Atheism, Atheists, & Science
- Quotations by Topic: Atheism & Atheists
- Quotations by Topic: Science
- The New Atlantis “The Folly of Scientism”: External Link
- When Atheism Becomes Religion: America’s New Fundamentalists by Chris Hedges, political and social journalist
“The human spirit must prevail over technology.” —Albert Einstein
The Dangers of Combining Science with Anything
The following is an excerpt from 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2014.
- The combination of profit and science is destroying the planet’s ecology.
- The combination of government and science is making the abuse of privacy normal and expected.
- The combination of corporations and science is creating ever more dangerous and toxic products for human life.
- The combination of war and science is making the killing of human beings every more effective, efficient, and horrific.
- The combination of religion and science is creating a legion of closed-minded elitists pushing Scientism as the answer to all problems.
Here is an additional one:
- The combination of medicine and science creates practitioners who treat humans as machines without hearts and minds that affect their health.
What Is Bad Science?
The following is another excerpt from 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2014.
- Bad science is claiming something is scientific that cannot be proved by the scientific method.
- Bad science is the religion of Scientism which breeds intolerance, ignorance, elitism, and blind faith in science.
- Bad science is not giving credibility to the experiences of the heart and soul, because they cannot be measured or known by the mind.
- Bad science is not limiting, controlling, and regulating science believing that science will monitor itself, which it never has, does, or will.
- Bad science is not limiting the theories, topics, and teachings of science to the scientific realm of what can be known or proved by the scientific method.
What Are the Results of Science?
The following is an example from 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment: 2015.
- Air pollution does not signify a lack of science.
- Water pollution does not signify an absence of science.
- Land pollution does not signify a deficiency of science.
- Pollution signifies a lack of accountability, professionalism, and responsibility of scientists.
- Pollution signifies a dire need to control all aspects of science and scientists at all levels of employment, ethics, certification, licensure, invention, manufacturing, and distribution.