Tripartite Ego: Secret Self, Script Self & Social Self
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“See how different is each individual’s life before the public from that of his inner self.” —Seneca
- Read for a seven-step system to reduce and remove your ego.
- This diagram shows the structure and systemic nature of the ego.
- The diagram is of the structure of the ego.
- Notice how self-deceptive ego is.
- Notice how defensive ego is.
- Notice how ego exists by denying information.
Check Your Time
- How much time do you spend in each the 3 main circles?
- How much time do you spend in each of the 4 styles for each of the 3 circles?
- Notice these dynamics in others so that you can then more easily notice them in yourself.
- Read to gain freedom from ego.
Quotations from Various Sources
“Identification prevents and perverts the flow of thought-feeling.” —J. Krishnamurti, The Collected Works of J. Krishnamurti, Volume IV, p. 8
“Is not virtue a negation of becoming?” —J. Krishnamurti, The Collected Works of J. Krishnamurti, Vol. III, p. 204
“Man is never so authentically himself as when at play.” —Friedrich von Schiller, 1759-1805
“The soul is undiscovered though explored forever to a depth beyond report.” —Heraclitus
“The way to do is be.” —Lao Tzu
“You never exist quite so much as when you are not thinking.” —Friedrich Nietzsche, 1844-1900, German philosopher
Quotations from Scripture on Ego Death
“He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” —Matthew 10:39
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.” —Matthew 16:25
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.” —Mark 8:35
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.” —Luke 9:24
“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.” —Luke 14:26
“Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.” —Luke 17:34
“He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.” —John 12:25