Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Best Major Therapy & Albert Ellis
- REBT practitioners update your practice for greater effectiveness and efficiency with Not.
“Resolve to dismiss thy judgment about an act as if it were something grievous and thy anger is gone.” —Marcus Aurelius
General Information & More on REBT
- REBT’s main website or AEI (www.albertellisinstitute.org)
- REBT Network: Promotes REBT & Albert Ellis
- REBT Books: Self-Help Books & Professional Therapy Resources
- YouTube Video of Albert Ellis Lecturing on Anxiety & Worry
- College of Cognitive Behavioral Therapies: UK
REBT’s ABC Theory of Emotions
REBT’s Irrational Belief Lists (Thinking Errors)
REBT Is the Deepest Counseling Theory & Therapy
Find REBT Certified Counselor in Your Area Click on “Find a Therapist”
Free Online Support for REBT
Sample or Subscribe to the Journal of REBT
- From AEI on REBT: http://albertellis.org/category/rebt-cbt-post/
- From College of CBT on REBT: http://www.cbttherapies.org.uk/2017/02/01/ellis-rebt-transdiagnostic-humanistic-and-existential-cbt-model/
Video Demonstrations of REBT
Inexpensive Online Course on REBT
The New Yorker Article on Albert Ellis
Recommend Books by Albert Ellis
- Ellis, Albert. “RET Abolishes Most of the Human Ego.” Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice. 13:4, 343-348. 1976. Reprint available from the Albert Ellis Institute, 45 East 64th Street, New York, NY. 10021-6593. (212) 535–0822.
- Ellis, Albert. Reason and Emotion in Psychotherapy, Revised and Updated. Carol Publishing, New York. 1994.
- Ellis, Albert. How to Control Your Anxiety Before It Controls You. Carol Publishing Group, Secaucus, NJ. 1998.
- Ellis, Albert. Feeling Better, Getting Better, Staying Better: Profound Self-Help for Your Emotions. Impact Publishers, Atascadero, CA. 2001.
- Ellis, Albert. The Myth of Self-esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever. Prometheus, Amherst, NY. 2005.
- Ellis, Albert, and Windy Dryden. The Practice of Rational-Emotive Therapy (RET). Springer, New York. 1987.
- Ellis, Albert, and Robert A. Harper. A Guide to Rational Living, Third Edition. Wilshire Book Company, North Hollywood, CA. 1997.
- Ellis, Albert, and Raymond C. Tafrate. How to Control Your Anger Before It Controls You. Kensington Publishing, New York. 1997.
Albert Ellis Information
More & Related Information on CBT & Thinking Errors
- 7 Thinking Errors of CT
- 9 Fundamental Thinking Errors
- CBT, CT & REBT Cognitive Psychotherapies: List of Pages
- Cognitive Psychotherapy Quotations
- Musts: Friend & Foe
Related Book on CBT
- Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).