Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Best Major Therapy & Albert Ellis
- REBT practitioners update your practice for greater effectiveness and efficiency with Not.
“Resolve to dismiss thy judgment about an act as if it were something grievous and thy anger is gone.” —Marcus Aurelius
General Information & More on REBT
- REBT’s Main Website: AEI (www.albertellisinstitute.org) Includes Training Opportunities.
- REBT Network: Promotes REBT, Albert Ellis, & REBT Books
- REBT Network: Links to Free Videos of Albert Ellis Speaking
- REBT Books: Self-Help Books & Professional Therapy Resources
- REBT & CT: Books, Information, & Discussion
- REBT Explained & Seminars Available
- REBT for Schools, Students, & Teachers
- REBT in the UK on Facebook
- REBT Training Center in Athens: Hellenic Institute for REBT
- LIBERT in LuxeLuxembourg Institute for REBT
- LIBERT on Facebook
- Albert Ellis Friends.Net
- College of Cognitive Behavioral Therapies: UK
- Facebook REBT Open Community
- Facebook CBT & REBT Therapist Community
- YouTube Video of Albert Ellis Lecturing on Anxiety & Worry
- YouTube Video of Kevin Everett FitzMaurice on Self-Esteem & REBT
- Unconditional Self-Acceptance by Albert Ellis: YouTube External Link (Audio Only)
REBT’s ABC Theory of Emotions
REBT’s Irrational Belief Lists (Thinking Errors)
REBT Is the Deepest Counseling Theory & Therapy
Find REBT Certified Counselor in Your Area Click on “Find a Therapist”
Free Online Support for REBT
Sample or Subscribe to the Journal of REBT
- From AEI on REBT: http://albertellis.org/category/rebt-cbt-post/
- From College of CBT on REBT: http://www.cbttherapies.org.uk/2017/02/01/ellis-rebt-transdiagnostic-humanistic-and-existential-cbt-model/
- Albert Ellis and REBT: A Rational Oasis
Video Demonstrations of REBT
Inexpensive Online Course on REBT
The New Yorker Article on Albert Ellis
Recommend Books by Albert Ellis
- Ellis, Albert. “RET Abolishes Most of the Human Ego.” Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice. 13:4, 343-348. 1976. Reprint might be available from the Albert Ellis Institute,145 East 32nd Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10016. (212) 535–0822.
- Ellis, Albert. Reason and Emotion in Psychotherapy, Revised and Updated. Carol Publishing, New York. 1994.
- Ellis, Albert. How to Control Your Anxiety Before It Controls You. Carol Publishing Group, Secaucus, NJ. 1998.
- Ellis, Albert. Feeling Better, Getting Better, Staying Better: Profound Self-Help for Your Emotions. Impact Publishers, Atascadero, CA. 2001.
- Ellis, Albert. The Myth of Self-esteem: How Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Can Change Your Life Forever. Prometheus, Amherst, NY. 2005.
- Ellis, Albert, and Windy Dryden. The Practice of Rational-Emotive Therapy (RET). Springer, New York. 1987.
- Ellis, Albert, and Robert A. Harper. A Guide to Rational Living, Third Edition. Wilshire Book Company, North Hollywood, CA. 1997.
- Ellis, Albert, and Raymond C. Tafrate. How to Control Your Anger Before It Controls You. Kensington Publishing, New York. 1997.
Albert Ellis Information
More & Related Information on CBT & Thinking Errors
- 7 Thinking Errors of CT
- 9 Fundamental Thinking Errors
- Albert Ellis on FitzMaurice’s Books
- Article on FitzMaurice’s Contributions to CBT & REBT
- CBT, CT, & REBT Cognitive Psychotherapies: List of Pages
- Cognitive Psychotherapy Quotations
- Musts: Friend & Foe
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy): List of Pages
Related Book on CBT
- Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT & REBT).