Free New Diagram of Triality for “World Within”
- Breathe to learn Mind-Move to Quickly Regain Your Center
- Discovery Demands 5TP: The Evolution of Perspective
“Duality does not exist, but only triality.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“No duality exists because all dualities have a neutral position which makes them trialities, not dualities.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“The magic move it to take the neutral position while supporting the positive position.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“The magic question is, ‘What is the neutral position?’” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
Note on Page
- This page contains a new version of a diagram from the book World Within: The Inner Life.
Move Beyond Duality Using Triality
“A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Duality is often useful but also often harmful or hurtful to right-thinking.
- Learn about triality and learn to use it instead of duality.
- Thinking skills, like coping skills, are best acquired by experimenting, learning, and seeking new ones.
- Triality adds neutrality to duality. This is equivalent to the addition of the concept of zero to mathematics.
- This addition of neutrality changes everything about duality; for example, it allows for entirely new functions, perspectives, and processes.
Some Simple Ways of Understanding Triality
- Positive position, neutral position, negative position. This is a simple and common triality.
- What should be, what is, what should-not-be. This is a simple and fundamental triality.
- Positive particles, space, negative particles. A simple triality based on the fact that all matter can be reduced to positive and negative particles in space.
- Life, space or void, death. A simple and basic triality.
- Future, present, past. A basic triality in everyday usage.
Accept & Seek Triality
- In-between the start and the end is life.
- In-between here and there is the journey.
- In-between the past and the future is now.
Diagram of Triality: Always Look for Three, Not Two
“Always account for the neutral position, or you are missing a large part of the psychology and process.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“Always find at least three parts (positive, neutral, negative) to any issues, question, or problem.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“The neutral is neither good nor bad but the anticipation of good or bad.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
- Notice how neutrality exists in and connects the opposites of white and black.
- Notice that it is neutrality that keeps the opposites separate and distinct.
- Notice how neutrality is always aware of all three positions.
“Deal with the details or the devil will.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
- The most common propaganda for dualism is that there is no joy without sorrow. This juxtaposition is nonsensical and unfactual.
- As explained in World Within: The Inner life, there is also continuum comparison such that degrees or levels of joy can be known without any need for sorrow.
- Yes, if you do not know soft, then you cannot compare hard to soft. But you can still know variations of hard and still compare degrees of hardness without knowing soft.
- Notice how simplistic dualism is being used in politics to divide and conquer populations in order to establish fascist globalism. Time to move to higher forms of thinking: Development of Thinking.
“Trying to force moderation, the middle ground, synthesis, balance, or some in-between position as always being the right position is the most insidious form of extremism.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
#Limitation #Dichotomy: 2020-04-10
1. The seductive power of the opposites blinds us to the concomitant realities that exist side by side with our dualities no matter how overarching we imagine our dualities to be, for example, integral versus non-integral wipes out everything else.
2. The “subject and object” view of life is correct; however, this view does not include the greater part of life, which cannot fit into the categories of subject and object.
3. The war of the rational versus the irrational is a false war because both positions require their opposite to exist (symbiosis) while simultaneously leaving out other viable systems of inquiry.
4. The war of order versus chaos is a false war because both require the other (synergy) while simultaneously leaving out the impact of other forces that are ignored or unrecognized, such as creativity and virtue.
5. People reject dualities that they do not like and embrace dualities that they do like; however, there are higher levels of thinking such as trialities, the five thinking positions (5TP), continuum thinking, and continuum-thinking squared.
#Duality #Triality: 2020-04-17
1. Duality is a delusion because every duality exists inside a triality.
2. Duality is misleading because it ignores the necessary neutral position that exists along with every set of opposites.
3. Duality leads to false conflicts because it fails to recognize the middle ground that triality makes self-evident.
4. Duality is not needed for comparisons because comparisons can be made between both related and similar things.
5. Duality leads to false choices and options because it fails to recognize the array of choices and options that exist in-between the opposites that make up a duality.
#Magic #Question: 2020-05-05
1. The magic question is, “What is the neutral position?”
2. This question is magical because it moves you out of duality and into triality, where conflicts and problems take on a new light.
3. The magic move is to take the neutral position while supporting the positive position.
4. The magic move is to stay in the neutral position while feeding the positive position.
5. This move is magical because it keeps you out of the conflict while also allowing you to support the solution.
#Internal #Conflict: 2020-05-09
Internal conflicts are between the should-not-be and the should-be.
1. When you identify with just one side (should-not-be or should-be), you have made the conflict unresolvable because you now have to die for the other side to win.
2. When you identify with just one side (should-not-be or should-be), you protect and reward your side with covering, denying, excusing, hiding, rationalizing, and reframing.
3. When you identify with both the should-not-be and the should-be, you have made the conflict the essential thing in your life because now you are trying to kill yourself so that only one side of you remains.
4. The solution is don’t identify with either side, but keep your self neutral so that your self can support the side that your self believes should win.
5. When you detach from the conflict, you move into a neutral space from which you can observe and monitor the conflict while choosing to influence the outcome based on reason and virtue.
Supplemental Information on Triality
- Existence is what-is.
- Reality is trialistic, not dualistic.
- Should-be and should-not-be are naturally in conflict.
- The what-is should not get the positive position in a conflict.
- Always ask what is in each of the three positions and what each position is valued in relation to the other two.
- Take something that you used to fight or suppress and move the fighting or suppressing to the neutral position and notice the immediate difference.
- An example of neutrality existing in-between good and evil: “And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.” —Luke 16:26
- 5 Thinking Positions (5TP) Explained
- 7 Steps to Solving Personal Problems
- Beyond Duality to Continuum Knowledge
- Developmental Stages (8) of Thinking
- Disputing Thinking Using the 5TP
- More information on World Within: The Inner Life