1. Death is not a part of life anymore than life is a part of death.
2. Hate is not a part of love anymore than love is a part of hate.
3. Sunshine does not require rain in physical logic; however, in verbal logic, the existence of an opposite (extreme end of a continuum) requires its opposite.
4. The opposites are opposite (not mixed) and relate to each other through the neutral middle ground in-between them which some claim is mixed.
5. Those who live with snow all year do not need to know a lack of snow to recognize what snow is anymore than those who live with hot weather all year need to know cold weather to recognize or understand what hot weather is for them.