Understand How Ego Exists & Feeds
• Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“To be poured into without becoming full, and to pour out without becoming empty, without knowing how this is brought about–this is the case of ‘Containing the Light’.”–Chung Tzu
- When you attach your awareness, consciousness, or self-awareness to thought, you attach it to negative thoughts.
- Thereby you become thought and go to sleep.
- Thereby you become thought and become a member of the living dead.
- As negative thoughts, you feed on positive thoughts for ego pleasure, high self-esteem, and pride.
- As negative thoughts, you can deny either the negative thoughts that you are or the positive thoughts that you eat by hiding them in darkness a.k.a. unconsciousness.
- When you focus on being the positive thoughts and cover the negative thoughts, you experience ego pleasure.
- Ego pleasure is also called emotional pleasure, feeling superior, high self-esteem, pride, and self-confidence.
- When you focus on yourself as the sensations of the negative thoughts and cover the positive thoughts, you experience ego pain.
- Ego pain is also called emotional pain, emotional upset, feeling inferior, hurt, low self-esteem, shame, and suffering.
- In both ego pain and ego pleasure, you are both the negative and positive thoughts despite your hiding one side or the other of this duality from yourself.
- In both ego pain or low self-esteem and ego pleasure or high self-esteem, you are being thought instead of being a vessel.
- You are thoughts of your self, and your self is asleep.
- You are of the living dead, because you are identified with dead thoughts.
- You awareness of your true nature as a vessel is lost so your self is lost too.
- People who switch from looking at the negative to the positive, using the same thought, are people who remain dissatisfied and unsettled.
- Seeing both ego pain and ego pleasure resulting from the same attachment often drives people to try to fix it or themselves, which, of course, leads to more issues and problems.
- Dissatisfied people are more open to dropping both sides of the game of self-esteem than are those who choose to pretend only one side exists at a time: ego pain or ego pleasure.
- Ego Issues: 5 Functions & Parts of Self
- Ego Issues: Be Container, Not Contents
- Ego Issues: List of Pages
- Non-Doing, Rest & Return: List of Pages
- Self-Esteem Issues: List of Pages
- Self-Nature Issues: 3 Duties of Self-Realization
- Self-Nature Issues: Find Your Host Nature