- How To Improve Your Creativity
- How To Improve Your Flexibility
- How To Improve Your Openness
- How To Improve Your Mental Perception
Counseling Posters in Acid Test
- This book is a compilation of posters from the author’s counseling practice.
- Some posters were designed to hang in the office, some in the waiting room, and some for clients to take home.
- Additional sayings have been added, and many of the posters have been rewritten and modified.
Chapter Contents for 1–3 in Acid Test
- The first chapter consists of sayings related to both right and wrong thinking patterns.
- You are helped to discover how thinking can easily lead to misperception.
- You are encouraged not to make thinking the screen between you and life.
- Thought can be either a wall or a door depending on how you use it.
- Chapter Two contains sayings that help to make real the difference between being a container versus being the contents of a container.
- You are helped to rediscover your child nature as a container, in favor of your adult nature as contents.
- Understanding the nature of self makes it easier to choose to live in authentic moments.
- The third chapter gathers sayings that help point to what is and what is not genuine self.
- You are helped to discover and live in self instead of in ego.
Chapter Contents for 4–8 in Acid Test
- Chapter Four is mainly concerned with how and why you are responsible for your feelings.
- You are helped to become more mature by owning and accepting responsibility for your feelings.
- Owning your feelings is necessary for awareness and honesty.
- Being responsible for your feeling is necessary for leading an empowered life.
- The fifth chapter collects sayings that did not easily fit into one of the first four chapters.
- Most of those sayings continue ideas presented in the previous chapters.
- You will discover as much meaning as your ego defenses will allow.
- Chapters 1–5 contain 365 sayings making them suitable for daily reflection or a calendar.
- Chapter Six consists of longer posters that could and should not be reduced to sayings.
- The seventh chapter consists of poems related to the ideas of the book.
- Chapter Eight is the final chapter, which includes end matter, such as a recommended reading list.
Benefit from Aphorisms in Acid Test
- Pithy sayings can be either instantly helpful or meaningless.
- Often the best results from sayings or aphorisms come after they have grown slowly in the garden of your mind.
- Ideas you may reject at first can come to have more meaning in time.
- Aphorisms that make no sense today can suddenly reveal themselves to you years later.
- Some sayings can follow and teach you for a lifetime. For example, “Drink from your own well” has taught the author again and again for many years.
- Making yourself contemplate a saying that you do not understand can reveal much about your thinking styles.
- Is it the saying or your lack of openness that is cold?
- Feeling your way to the inside meat of a saying is the best approach.
Sayings Bring Stillness in Acid Test
- Focus on the sayings that bring stillness.
- Listen beyond the words.
- Feel, rather than think, the sayings through.
- Sense, rather than think, the music behind the words.
- Manage to touch the energy behind the words, and your heart will be touched.
- If you are interested in quotations, then please visit the author’s website.
- There you will find lists of quotations organized by topic.
- If you find quotations intriguing, but not fulfilling, then please examine some of the author’s other works listed at the end of the book.
- Read and enjoy!
Table of Contents for Acid Test
Some Recurrent Themes in Acid Test