Are you in early recovery from an addiction?
Are you just beginning the process of self-discovery?
Then this ebook is for you.
Choose to Discover and Learn–
- How To Refocus on the Positive
- How to Flee the Negative Through Paradox
- How to Think Helpful Thoughts for beginners and those in early recovery.
- How to Be Paradoxically Motivated to switch to healthier and happier thinking and feeling styles by facing the absurdity of focusing on garbage styles.
STOP LETTING GARBAGE RULE YOUR LIFE
This book is about rules for understanding how garbage runs your life if you let it.
- If your mind is focused on garbage, then you will think more garbage.
- If your soul is focused on garbage, then you will experience more garbage.
- If your heart is focused on garbage, then you will feel more garbage.
In this book, you will discover hundreds of ways that you focus on garbage, and thus receive garbage. When you become aware of this pattern through variation and repetition, you learn to switch to more effective and fruitful patterns.
Most of the Garbage Rules are restated in various ways. This is helpful for four reasons
- Repetition aids both learning and memory;
- Sometimes you will miss a concept presented in several formats, but grasp it in another unique format;
- You may be so lost in self-talk that you don’t notice a concept the first few times you encounter it;
- You may finally understand a concept after multiple encounters with it.
The Garbage Rules are organized into categories that server as chapters. This organization is often arbitrary and only for convenience. In total, there are 1,613 rules about garbage.
We recommend you read this book cover to cover the first time you read it. This will prevent your missing the Garbage Rules you most need to face and surrender.
Many of the ideas contained in Garbage Rules deserve further exploration and even abstract analysis. However, such is neither the purpose nor the design of this book. You can discover the deep philosophy behind most of the rules by reading some of the author’s other books, or by reading some of the books suggested at the end of this book.
It is the rare person who can use a self-help book to remove and replace rather than to just recognize their self-defeating behaviors. Therefore, go to www.albertellis.org and find a certified REBT, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, counselor in your area. In any event, this book is not meant to replace counseling, therapy, or medical treatment.
Exploring the Garbage Rules will help you in many ways and with many issues. Here are some of the ways and issues listed alphabetically: acceptance, assertiveness, attitude control, boundaries, charity, communication, compassion, contentment, coping, detachment, ego reduction, emotional responsibility, empathy, equality, forgiveness, happiness, humility, letting-go, motivation, parenting, peace, problem-solving, responsibility, right identity, self-control, self-reliance, serenity, surrender, understanding, universality.
When you laugh at your thinking, feeling, and acting with garbage, then you can learn to rely less on garbage as a guide. Learn to surrender your dependence and devotion to garbage by observing yourself using garbage with garbage results. Make this book serve as a mirror so you can face and drop your faith, hope, and charity for garbage. This is a program of well-being for beginners and those in early recovery.