Responsibility for Action Is Responsibility for Hosting
• The Secret of Maturity, Third Edition for 99¢ will teach you how to own the power of emotional responsibility.
“Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.” —Leonardo da Vinci
Key Ideas about Non-Doing
- The actor acting is not action.
- The actor acting is mental noise, not action.
- The actor claiming is not action.
- The actor claiming is mental noise, not action.
- The claim for action closes the door to action.
- The actor is in the way of action.
- Serve action by not acting.
- Serve action by not claiming action.
- Increase action by eliminating the actor.
- Increase action by eliminating claims.
- Grasping for action sacrifices action for grasping.
- Claiming action sacrifices action for claiming.
- Claiming and grasping are the life of the actor and the death of action.
- The actions of hosting and amplifying are non-action, because there is neither actor nor claim.
- Host action, not the actor.
- Amplify action, not claims.
(“Action” and “doing” can be interchanged without changing the meaning. “Grasping” and “claiming” can be interchanged without changing the meaning.)
Clarification on Options
- You can claim to host and to amplify. You can act as a host. You can even grasp your hosting process.
However, normally “acting”, “claiming”, and “grasping” are used to refer to ego and self-esteem games that interfere with right action or take place after right action has passed.