Use the 3Rs to Fight for Flow
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“To be poured into without becoming full, and to pour out without becoming empty, without knowing how this is brought about–this is the case of ‘Containing the Light’.” —Chung Tzu
WHAT IS FLOW?
- To understand flow, just watch a baby or a little child at play.
- Flow can be a state of being wherein you feel like you are running on autopilot or instinct.
- Flow is often reported as having a calm mind, a peaceful mind, or a quiet mind.
- Flow can also be a state of being in which you are single-mindedly following and serving an ideal or virtue.
- Flow is the preferred way of being in the world since it is our highest state of both creativity and performance.
- To understand the loss of flow, just remember a time when you were over-thinking and ruining everything thereby.
- Personalizing or making something about what or who you are is an easy way to lose flow.
- Ego and self-esteem feelings and thoughts either disrupt or prevent flow.
- Arguments, conflicts, and negative stress all promote opposite ways of being to being in the flow.
- To understand regaining flow, remember a time when you were out in nature enjoying yourself without thinking about it.
- Most people have some activity or habit that they use to regain flow. It might be simply listening to your favorite music or engaging in your favorite sport.
- The more importance that you put on remaining in flow states, the more you will find yourself in them.
- Some people practice meditation or yoga in order to enter flow states of being, but there are countless ways to arrive there including dancing, extreme sports, and float tanks.
- J. Krishnamurti: List of External Links
- 5 Step Solution to Self-Esteem
- Choose Higher when Tempted by Lower
- Focus on 3 Truths for Right Identity
- Meditation Simplified
- Temptation: A Strategy to Overcome
- Three Kinds of Meditation
- Yoga Practice Points