Use the 3Rs to Fight for Flow
• Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“To be poured into without becoming full, and to pour out without becoming empty, without knowing how this is brought about–this is the case of ‘Containing the Light’.”–Chung Tzu
- To understand flow, just watch a baby or a little child at play.
- Flow can be a state of being wherein you feel like you are running on autopilot or instinct.
- Flow is often reported as having a calm mind, a peaceful mind, or a quiet mind.
- Flow can also be a state of being in which you are single-mindedly following and serving an ideal or a virtue.
- Flow is the preferred way of being in the world since it is our highest state of both creativity and performance.
- To understand the loss of flow, just remember a time when you were over-thinking and ruining everything thereby.
- Personalizing or making something about what or who you are is an easy way to lose flow.
- Ego and self-esteem feelings and thoughts either disrupt or prevent flow.
- Arguments, conflicts, and negative stress all promote opposite ways of being to being in the flow.
- To understand regaining flow, remember a time when you were out in nature enjoying yourself without thinking about it.
- Most people have some activity or habit that they use to regain flow. It might be simply listening to your favorite music or engaging in your favorite sport.
- The more importance that you put on remaining in flow states, the more you will find yourself in them.
- Some people practice meditation or yoga in order to enter flow states of being, but there are countless ways to arrive there including dancing, extreme sports, and float tanks.
- J. Krishnamurti: List of External Links
- 5 Step Solution to Self-Esteem
- Choose Higher when Tempted by Lower
- Focus on 3 Truths for Right Identity
- Meditation Simplified
- Temptation: A Strategy to Overcome
- Three Kinds of Meditation
- Yoga Practice Points