When Are You an Atheist?
- We’re All Insane! Second Edition will teach you how to think better and saner.
- When Atheism Becomes Religion: America’s New Fundamentalists by Chris Hedges, political and social journalist
- The Devil’s Delusion: Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions by Dr. David Berlinski, philosopher, and mathematician
“Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind.” —Albert Einstein, 1879-1955
“Nothing can be produced out of nothing.” —Diogenes of Apollonia, fragment
“How could that which is, be born of that which is not?” —Upanishads, Second Khanda
“The fool hath said in his heart, there is no god.” —Psalms 14:1
“Surely vain are all men by nature, who are ignorant of God, and could not out of the good things that are seen know him that is: neither by considering the works did they acknowledge the workmaster;” —Wisdom of Solomon 13:1
“There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking.” —Alfred Korzybski, Polish-American founder of General Semantics, (1879–1950)
“That there is indeed a limit upon science is made very likely by the existence of questions that science cannot answer and that no conceivable advance of science would empower it to answer… It is not to science, therefore but to metaphysics, imaginative literature or religion that we must turn for answers to questions having to do with first and last things.” ―Peter Medawar, The Limits of Science
- Read and master the life skill of perspective-taking using the best system ever: the 5TP.
45 REASONS WHY ATHEISTS ARE FRAUDS
“An atheist is …” OR “You are an atheist when …”
- Are the starting words for each of the following numbered items.
- A dishonest agnostic: An agnostic is someone who says that they do not know if there is a God or not because creation/cause is not and/or cannot be known (this is a rational position only if one limits themselves entirely to the pathetic knowing system of thought).
- A hypocritical thinker who denies some things based on not being able to verify them but accepts other things they cannot verify but can construe based on effects.
- A pantheist who covers up his pantheism with words like “nature” and “universe”.
- A person whose logic is the same as the insanely jealous: “I can discover fault everywhere and nothing can disprove my doubts.” For an example of the insanely jealous, see the French movie L’Enfer.
- A superstitious fool who attributes powers and abilities to human conceptions as if they were spirits, e.g., evolution, nature, universe, science.
- A superstitious fool who believes that spirits inhabit and direct the universe along scientific rules and principles.
- A superstitious fool who believes that spirits inhabit rocks and cause rocks to grow and develop life forms.
- A superstitious fool who praises and worships the modern name for god: nature.
- According to this fool, energy does not exist as no one has ever seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or touched energy at any time.
- Since the fool cannot see, hear, touch, taste, or smell gravity or magnetism then gravity and magnetism cannot exist for the fool.
- Since the fool cannot see, hear, touch, taste, or smell something, then that something cannot exist for them whatever it is, e.g., love or the self of another human being.
- Since the fool cannot see, hear, touch, taste, or smell the past or the future, then those times cannot exist for them.
- Someone who knows that all human, animal, and plant behavior is driven by intention and goal, but who, nevertheless, blindly believes that life itself has no intention or goal.
- Someone who ignores the law of nature that there is no process in nature that can create matter in favor of the myth that dumb matter magically created itself without either the ability or the reason to do so.
- The hypocritical fool who agrees to use inductive reasoning to believe in the existence of energy, photons, and gravity for nature—but who will not use the same inductive reasoning to believe in the spirit, love, or grace of God.
- The madman who claims to be reasonable and rational and yet blindly believes the irrational hypothesis that the universe was created “by nothing out of nothing with nothing using nothing for nothing only to eventually be nothing” over the rational hypothesis that the universe was created “by something out of nothing for something.”
- The unscientific person who relates to and trusts in science as his/her god.
- The unscientific person who observes the natural adaptability built into every species as evidence that species are changing into other species.
- When a man doesn’t believe his wife had his child without getting a DNA test to verify it.
- When whatever you cannot measure you anthropocentrically claim does not exist.
- When you are mystical about the universe as god and/or spiritual about nature as god.
- When you are religious about not being religious.
- When you cannot see or experience with your heart, but only with thought.
- When you cannot see past your own nose or the limits of physical measurement.
- When you deny the laws of nature and science that state that all things tend to disorder in favor of the myth of evolution that things created order in the universe.
- When you do not understand the logic that a set cannot contain itself because there has to be something outside and greater than itself.
- When you deny the laws of nature that state that destruction does not cause creation in favor of the myth that the destruction known as the “big bang” created everything.
- When you ignore the law of nature that no process of nature can produce matter in favor of the myth of evolution that matter created itself without any ability, intention, purpose, or desire to do so.
- When you ignore the fact that all matter is devolving into disorder without any sign of any ability to evolve into order for the sake of the myth of evolution.
- When you think you are your thoughts, which is absurd as then who is it that is having your thoughts, experiencing your thoughts, or existing after your thoughts?
- When your idols are human conceptions, evolution, nature, science, and technology.
- When your superficial perception, thinking, awareness, insight, and understanding are supposed to pass for reason and intelligence.
- When you claim to know without knowing the limits of knowing.
- When you do not understand that systems cannot prove themselves and all proofs for systems, even mathematical systems, must come from outside themselves. (Kurt Gödel)
- When you think you are smarter than God.
- When your epistemology exists only to prove your ontology. When your epistemology is limited by your ontology. When your epistemology is controlled by your ontology. When your ontology blinds your epistemology. When your ontology and epistemology are locked in tautology. When your ontology and epistemology are limited to the single purpose of proving each other.
- When you do not understand the simple fact that all absolutes exist and can only be sensed internally not externally, for instance, mathematics.
- When you try to get around the fact that plan must exist before order with pantheism, with the superstitious beliefs of nature and evolution as miraculous planers.
- When you know that the bird couldn’t itself either plan to fly or survive while waiting to fly and so try to explain flying with a superstitious belief in supernatural planning by a concept called evolution.
- Since plan always comes before product, theories of evolution and nature are false by definition because these man-made plans come after the fact.
- When all the evidence of life is used as proof and evidence of nothing.
- Nowhere in Nature or life does anything living come into being except from something already living. Nowhere in Nature or life does anything come from nothing, but always and only from something. Truth is only life from life. Truth is only something from something. But atheists, scientists, and evolutionists all have superstitious beliefs of the unprovable, unverifiable, and nonexistent opposite.
- Atheists blame the evil deeds of the religious on their religious beliefs. Atheists, being hypocrites and phonies, do not blame the evil deeds of atheists on their atheistic beliefs, for example, Stalin, Hoxha, and Mao.
- When you likely had a bad or missing father, and consequently you are locked into a phase or stage of rebellion trying to thwart authority and any possible father figure. For more on this Freudian like idea of rebellion against the father figure, see “The Defective Father Theory of Atheism” in the book Faith of the Fatherless: The Psychology of Atheism by Paul Vitz.
- When you do not understand logic. Why? Because logic alone proves God. How? Because the fact that something exists means that it must have been caused. You must then answer what the cause is. And the only way to not wind up with tautological nonsense is to answer that there is a cause that causes itself. Otherwise, you are continually looking for the cause of the cause you just claimed was the cause. Even if you posit many gods, you still have the problem of who caused them. If you posit a big bang as a cause, then what caused the big bang and what caused that and so on. The only solution is one God who is self-sustaining. Logically, there can only be one who causes Himself. The name of God, Jehovah, means self-sustaining or self-existent. “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” —Exodus 3:14
- Most of the above was excerpted and updated from Planet Earth Insane Asylum for the Universe: The First Report to the 2000 High Council.
- Please reference Planet Earth: Insane Asylum for the Universe, Second Edition.
- For a devastating critique of Darwinism and evolution, read Algeny by Jeremy Rifkin.
Quotations from Various Sources
“All that we know is nothing, we are merely crammed waste-paper baskets, unless we are in touch with that which laughs at all our knowing.” —David Herbert Lawrence, 1885-1930
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” —I Corinthians 2:14
“But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.” —Jude 1:10
“But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;” —II Peter 2:12
“Change rarely exists but variation is constant.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“Cynicism–the intellectual cripple’s substitute for intelligence.” —Joseph Russell Lynes, Jr., 1910-
“Darwin now poses a final challenge. Whether biology will rise to this last one as well as it did to the first, when his theory upset every apple cart, remains to be seen. How cleanly and quickly can the field get over Darwin, and move on? This is one of the most important questions facing science in the twenty-first century.” —David Gelernter, Claremont Review of Books
“Darwinism is no longer just a scientific theory but the basis of a worldview, and an emergency religion for the many troubled souls who need one.” —David Gelernter, Claremont Review of Books
“Empiricism has two forms: internal and external. There are also two forms of fool: those that have faith only in internal empiricism (mystic) or those that have faith only in external empiricism (atheist).” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“Evolution is a magical misunderstanding, misrepresentation, and misinterpretation of the facts of species adaptability, variability, and commonality.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“Evolution is what you get when you interpret the law of variation to mean fantastic things never seen nor proved.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“Evolution like astrology takes real data and then forces a superstitious interpretation over that data.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:” —II Peter 3:5
“He that is not wise will not be taught: but there is a wisdom which multiplieth bitterness.” —Ecclesiasticus 21:12
“I do not myself believe that philosophy can either prove or disprove the truth of religious dogma.” —Bertrand Russell, The Problems of Philosophy
“I’m not sure I want popular opinion on my side–I’ve noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.” —Bethania McKenstry
“If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.” —Anatole France
“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.” —Charles Darwin
“Life is variation not change.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:” —I Timothy 6:20
“Scientist is the term given to the kind of fool who tries to prove matter over mind.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“The concept does not exist for the physicist until he has the possibility of discovering whether or not it is fulfilled in an actual case.” —Albert Einstein
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” —William Shakespeare, 1546-1616
“The law of non-repetition accounts for all the misinterpretations and distortions of evolutionary theory.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“The theory of evolution is maintained by the fear of not having an alternative to creationism.” —Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
“There are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking.” —Alfred Korzybski
“There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.” —Proverbs 21:30
“There is one God, the greatest among gods and men, in no way similar to mortals either in body or in thought.” —Xenophanes, as quoted by Clement
“Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly.” —Francis Bacon
“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” —Hebrews 11:3
“With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.” —Georg Christopher Lichtenberg, 1742-1799
Related Pages of Free Information
- Atheism, Atheists, & Science
- CBT, CT, & REBT Cognitive Psychotherapies: List of Pages
- Coping Skills: Free Help
- Counseling Issues: Free Help
- Ego & Self-Esteem Fast-Facts
- Emotional Responsibility & Maturity: List of Pages
- Exercises, Methods, & Techniques: List of Pages
- Feeling & Coping: Fast-Facts
- Meditation: List of Pages
- Quotations: Atheism & Atheists
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy): List of Pages
- Self-Esteem Issues: List of Pages
- Thinking Skills: Free Help
- Thinking Skills & Tools: Evolution Exposed
- Thinking Skills & Tools: Science versus Scientism
- Unconditional Self-Esteem (USE): Defined
- YouTube Video: Atheism Is Not Scientific with Dr. Berlinski
- Read and discover the best diagrams and maps of how people play games with your mind and heart.