Follow Out & Process Your Negative Material
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
3 Steps Are Done by Your Heart, Soul, & Mind
3 Steps with Different Names
Step 1: Wait on God
- Waiting is your action.
- Waiting is your focus.
- Waiting is your response.
- Waiting occupies your soul.
- Waiting has the attention of your soul.
- You have faith in God that if you wait, then He will do what needs to be done in His time.
“Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.” —Psalm 27:14
Step 2: Hear Out the Negative
- Listening is your action.
- Meditating is your focus.
- Observing is your response.
- Watching has the attention of your mind.
“A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.” —Isaiah 42:3
“A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.” —Matthew 12:20
Step 3: Trust in the Light
- Charity towards God is your action.
- Hope in God is your focus.
- Thinking well of God is your response.
- Mercy for God has the attention of your heart.
- Your heart is on God, the one and only Good.
“This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” —1 John: 1:5
How to Listen to the Negative: Passive Attention
- without comment
- without interference
- without judgment
- without reaction
- without reply
You do not foolishly try to change, control, or undo your sick or diseased contents.
Rather, you let them reveal themselves for what they are while you passively hear them out.
Trust the light to sort it out, not thinking.
How Not to Respond to the Negative
- Do not try and undo the negative.
- Do not try to change or fix the negative.
- Do not try to control or convert the negative.
- Do not try to avoid or escape the negative.
- Do not try to give in to or to surrender to the negative.
- Do not try to excuse, justify, or rationalize the negative.
- Do not try to negotiate or make deals with the negative.
How Not to Respond to the Good
- Don’t claim to know the good.
- Don’t claim to do the good.
- Don’t claim to be the good.
- Don’t try to know, do, or be the good.
Worship God Only
- Give all praise and glory to God alone, not to ego, pride, or self-esteem.
- Only God is good, not self or others.
- All good comes only from God, not self or others.
- Wait on God to know, do, and be the good.
- Have faith God will do the good when it is His time.
“And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” —Matthew 19:17
God Is Light
- Steps 2 and 3 work together, simultaneously, and synergistically.
- Your focus moves between waiting and hope, between waiting and faith, and between waiting and trust in God.
- You think and feel charitably towards God and His plan and His timing, not yours.
- You hope that He rules you, your path, and responses. You rest in Him, not pride or ego.
Names for Your Internal Negative Material
animal nature, death-seeking, damning, dark desires, destructive force, flesh nature, inner critic, inner wolf, hate, internalized critical parent, lower nature, lower self, negative conscience, negative thoughts, negative self-talk, primitive urges, Satan, self-damning or self-downing, self-destructive tendencies, sinful nature, Thanatos, the adversary, the Devil, unwanted feelings, unwanted thoughts, weakness.
Identity Must Be Guarded
- Resist giving your identity to the negative.
- Resist the negatives’ claims for its actions as you doing and being them. You wait.
- Do not identify with any of the false actions mentioned in the above list on how not to respond.
- If you cannot keep your identity from the negative, then you must flee so you can resist another time.
- Your identity must be with you as waiting. You wait. Your inner action as self is waiting.
- The behavior that is intrinsic to something is also that thing. For example, fire consumes or it is not fire.
- The behavior that is not intrinsic to something is not that thing. For example, forest fires are not fire.