Authentic Self & Original Nature
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“For the possession of one’s original nature is enshrined in true courage.” —Chung Tzu
“The idea is to die young as late as possible.” —Ashley Montagu
Our original nature is that of a child.
- Our authentic nature is that of a child.
- Our natural nature is that of a child.
- Our original nature is that of a child.
- Our right nature is that of a child.
- Our future nature in Heaven with God is that of a child.
The Right Meaning for Being Childlike
- A child in the sense of humility and emptiness.
- A child in the sense of free sensing and experiencing.
- A child in the sense of no claims to know, do, or be anything.
- A child in the sense of dependency upon Energy, God, or Spirit for everything.
God Is the Father
- We are children of God when born again through Jesus Christ.
- We are all children of God since He is the creator.
- We are all children since we cannot control life.
Adult View of Children
- Adults see children as being open.
- Adults see children as behaving naturally.
- Adults see children behaving spontaneously.
- Adults see children as being free and easygoing.
- Adults see children as playful, creative, and curious.
- Adults see children as speaking openly and honestly.
- Any positive trait that adults see in children is there in little children who are not yet corrupted by any ego games.
Quotations from Various Sources
“A grownup is a child with layers on.” —Woody Harrelson
“Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence.” —Norman Podhoretz
“Man is never so authentically himself as when at play.” —Friedrich von Schiller, 1759-1805
“The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius.” —Rebecca P. Sinkler
“When you become totally and completely empty there is nothing you have to do to fill it up again. Emptiness is realization. Emptiness is Brahman. Emptiness is the self. Emptiness is your real nature.” —Robert Adams
Quotations from Scripture
“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” —Matthew 5:9
“And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” —Matthew 18:3
“But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” —Matthew 18:6
“Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.” —Matthew 18:10
“But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” —Matthew 19:14
“Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.” —Mark 9:37
“And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.” —Mark 9:42
“But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” —Mark 10:14
“It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.” —Luke 17:2
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” —Luke 18:16
“That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.” —John 1:9
“Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;” —Ephesians 5:1
- How do you regain your true self? Discover Self: Who Am I?