My Negative Stress Is My Choice
- Stress for Success, Second Edition for $3.99 will teach you how to make stress work for you.
“The truth is what is. And what should be is a fantasy—a terrible fantasy.” —Lenny Bruce
“If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small, we will find at the root of it some unhealthy dependency and its consequent unhealthy demand.” —Bill W., AA Grapevine
MUSTS & DEMANDS
4 Ways “Musts” Cause Me Negative Stress
- I think reality must not be what reality is.
- I have a must for others that I cannot enforce.
- I have a must for myself that I cannot follow.
- I delay completing or following my must or demand that I can follow or complete.
Limit your demands (musts or shoulds) to what you actually do control and to what you actually will do immediately.
- For more on this topic, read the ebook Attitude Is All You Need! Second Edition.
“For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.” —I Peter 2:20