Ego Lives in Fear of Being Exposed & Revealed
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“Remember that the ruling facility is invincible, when self-collected it is satisfied with itself.” —Marcus Aurelius
“But precisely this—not to be conscious of oneself as spirit—is despair.” —Søren Kierkegaard, The Sickness Unto Death, p. 44
- Read for a seven-step system to reduce and remove your ego.
EGO HATES THE LIGHT
- Ego finds the light dangerous.
- In the light, ego is revealed as dead, as identified with comparisons.
- In the light, ego is seen as serving only darkness, death, and destruction: the Three Ds of Ego.
- In the light, ego is seen as being self as negative comparisons of your experiences, behaviors, and abilities.
Cause of Ego Pain
- The fact of ego being dead, a servant of only the Three Ds, and ugly—leads to the experience of ego pain when you take ego to heart in any amount of light.
Ego purposely misperceives the light as the cause of its pain.
- Ego therefore seeks—darkness, covering, lying, reframing, defenses, rationalizations, the abuse excuse, blaming others, blaming society, blaming the environment, blaming childhood experiences, damning others, persecuting others, suppression, repression, whining, avoiding, escaping, etc.,—as ways of escaping and avoiding the light.
- Self is by function and design: empty, still, quiet, humble, not knowing, not doing, not being anything.
- Self has no use as a container, vessel, transceiver unless it is empty, still, quiet, humble, not knowing, not doing, and not being anything.
- Because only an empty vessel is useful.
- The space and place that is a vessel is its value.
- Lose that space and lose all value.
- A vessel full of itself is worthless.
- A vessel that knows, cannot entertain knowing from God.
- A host that does, cannot host doing from God.
- A container that is something, cannot contain God being something.
- An empty and humble container can serve and have God work through it.
- A full and proud container is only fit for destruction.
Ego is diametrically opposed to self.
- Ego is about being full, busy, noisy, prideful, knowing, doing, being something, and becoming something.
- Ego sees self as a danger to its measuring and collecting.
- Ego perceives any experience of self as dangerous to its existence.
- Ego exists for the existence of ego (self-esteem).
- Ego exists for the goals of ego (know, do, and be something).
Ego Wants Something
- Ego seeks for the vessel to become something.
- When the vessel is becoming something, it is too busy to serve God.
- When the vessel is something, it is dead as that thing, that thought.
Ego Real Danger
- You need to see the danger to your goals, scripts, missions, plans, purposes, integrity, humility, honesty, self, identity, relationships, and spirituality that ego is.
Ego Lives in Constant Fear of Exposure
- Exposure from the light.
- Exposure from consciousness.
- Exposure from the mirror of relationship (seeing yourself in others).
- Exposure from the mirror of physical work (seeing that you rely on God to do).
- You fear ego (ego easily gets in the way of doing anything right).
- You fear self (self is not compatible with ego).
- You fear the light (the light exposes and drives out ego).
- You fear ego pain (emotional or psychological suffering as negative self-images).
- You fear the loss of ego pleasure (emotional pleasure as positive self-concepts).
- Yet, what you should fear, God, the true power and purpose, you do not fear.
Your Endless Mental Chatter is Fear
- Your noisy, petty mind is going forever on about:
- how to avoid danger, how to escape danger, how to deny danger, how to be safe from danger.
You Seek Safety
- You do not seek the only way out of pain: through pain, facing pain, detaching from pain, exposing your ego to the light.
- You do not seek the truth because the truth hurts ego.
- You do not seek true spirituality because true spirituality is the opposite of ego protecting.
- Your spirituality is only another cover for ego, only spiritual pride.
Right Meditation Is Facing Ego
- Detach from ego.
- Expose ego.
- Meditation is a painful process.
- To you, right meditation is just another danger, another fear.
- You seek escapist and hypnotic meditation—NOT exposure.
- Your dangers are the light, the true self, ego pain, and loss of ego pleasure.
- How then can you wonder about the state of your life and society?
- Read and learn a system to reduce and remove your ego.
- This table expresses your complete safety.
Quotations from Scripture
“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.” —John 3:19
“But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.” —Ephesians 5:13
“Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.” —Ephesians 5:14
“This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.” —I John 1:5