5 Personality Styles Using the 5 Thinking Positions (5TP)
- Attitude Is All You Need! Second Edition will help you to improve your attitude, which improves everything else.
- Discovery Demands 5TP: The Evolution of Perspective
Empathy occurs when you feel the feelings of another as if they were your own. Such vulnerability allows for deep relationships, contact, and sharing. Such vulnerability needs to guarded and not used around those who would take advantage of it or try to manipulate the person who demonstrates it.
Sympathy occurs when you think about the feelings of another as if they were your own. This is a safe position that allows one to show concern and provide care without the risk of intimate personal contact.
Apathy occurs when you believe there is no meaning or purpose and things exist for nothing. Apathy can lead to problems of motivation and can destroy relationships because concern is hard to muster if you don’t care.
Self-centered individuals are almost entirely focused on their personal story and needs. Most people find them boring, shallow, and empty.
Narcissistic individuals are only aware of themselves as real persons. Only they have feelings so only their feelings can matter. They are not always monsters, but monsters are always narcissistic.
- 5 Thinking Positions in another table: 25 Relational Styles
- Based upon: Thinking Skills: The 5 Thinking Positions
- More on 5TP: Pages by Topic: 5 Thinking Positions