Women Need to Learn to Encourage Distressed Men
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
How Women Should Talk to Distressed Men
- When a man is emotional and talking about a problem, he is not talking about his emotions or even the problem.
- Distressed men want to know how to overcome a specific problem.
- Distressed men want to know that they can overcome a specific problem.
- Distressed men want to be encouraged to tackle the problem head-on.
- Distressed men need an infusion of confidence to overcome the problem they are distressed about.
Encouragement, Support, & Confidence
- Women who encourage men to solve problems are loved by men.
- Women who support men in their trials are loved by men.
- Women who fill men with confidence that they can overcome a new problem are loved by men.
- Listen and hear the need for encouragement and support and then fulfill that need.
What Is the Real Issue?
- The real issue for distressed men is believing that they can overcome a problem.
- Encourage the man that he has overcome problems in the past, maybe even worse problems.
- Encourage the man that he has resources that he can use to problem-solve.
- Encourage the man that he has friends and mentors who can help him to solve the problem.
- Encourage the man that you believe in him and support him in his efforts.
- Stand by your man. Support your man. Be there for him.
Experiment with Encouragement & Support
- Practice encouraging and supporting the distressed men in your life and see if it does not work better than what you were doing.
- Understand that we have focused on dealing with distressed men and women differently; however, both methods will help with both at times.