Styles of Thinking Control the Results of Thinking
- We’re All Insane! Second Edition will teach you how to think better and saner.
6 Styles of Thinking
- Egotizing is when you view everything through the lens of your ego and how it helps or hinders the goal of your ego to increase pride and to reduce shame.
- Personalizing is when you understand everything through the lens of your life and story as if you were the center character in life and all of life was about you.
- Concretizing is when you can only understand things with real-life examples and in terms of mundane or ordinary events and processes.
- Intellectualizing is when you can process and understand things in relation to ethics or other high principles.
- Abstracting is when you can process and understand things using thinking within the rules of right thinking.
- Detaching is when you can meditation things out, listen or hear things out, and follow things out to their source and end without interference or comment along the way.
Simple Version of the 6 Styles of Thinking
- Egotizing is all about how things make you look.
- Personalizing is all about how things affect your story.
- Concretizing is all about basic thinking.
- Intellectualizing is all about higher thinking.
- Abstracting is all about pure thinking.
- Detaching is all about things revealing their true nature.
- While there are other approaches to thinking such as contemplation, you will find that all forms of thinking are based upon one or more of the 6 styles that are presented above.