7 Steps for Discovering Your Host Nature
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“Do not allow yourself to suppress your thoughts. Instead, let the thoughts come before you and become a sort of observer. Start observing your mind. Don’t try to escape, do not be afraid of your thinking.” —Swami Rama
“Thirty spokes connect to the wheel’s hub; yet, it is the center hole that makes it useful. Clay is shaped into a vessel; yet, it is the emptiness within that makes it useful. Doors and windows are cut for a room; yet it is the space where there is nothing that makes it useful. Therefore, though advantage comes from what is; usefulness comes from what is not.” —Lao Tzu
“To find yourself, think for yourself.” —Socrates
Note: This page presents an ordered or hierarchical step approach to re-identifying with your original child-nature. However, you can work on any step at any time. You do not have to follow the logical progression of the steps in order to be successful. The surest path is to work all the steps and to focus on those steps where you have the most success.
- Recognize your internal world as your own unique place.
- Attend to your internal world: your inner place and space.
- Understand that your internal world is your primary world instead of the physical world.
- Learn that awareness of your inner world is living, is your awareness of living.
- Observe your inner world and know that what you are aware of becomes your experience of living.
- By focusing your awareness on the container and not the contents, you remain alive.
- Keep your identity free of the external world and your physical body.
- Notice how your inner body has sensations, feelings, and thoughts passing through it.
- Refuse to identify with any of the contents of your inner world.
- Be the container, host, and vessel that you were born as.
- Choose to live as the container (host), not as thoughts or other contents.
- Identify with your inner world as your inner body.
- Understand your physical body is only a host for your spiritual body.
- Remain in contact with your inner world: that is to live as a human being.
- Choose to commit your inner body to magnifying God by hosting God instead of other contents.
- Be your unique internal space and place.
- Know yourself as when and where your internal world occurs.
- Be the quiet and still place that is the host while magnifying virtue.
- Rest and wait upon God to take care of your inner world.
- Trust in the Light, not your interference or observing to manage your contents.
- Wait upon God to take care of everything in your inner world.
- Have faith in the Light to take care of everything the comes into your space.
- Rest in the joy of the Lord from all work on the contents of your inner place and space (host).
- Return to God from the striving ways of the world.
- Surrender change, control, suppression, and trying as false ways of the world.
- Ego Issues: 5 Functions & Parts of Self
- Ego Issues: Be Container, Not Contents
- Ego Issues: List of Pages
- Self-Esteem Issues: List of Pages
- Who Am I?: Related Pages