How Many Do You Believe?
Definition of Superstition
- A superstition is a belief that is held to be true without there being any experience, proof, or historical precedent to regard it as being true.
42 SUPERSTITIONS THAT ARE COMMON TODAY
- Positive self-esteem is the solution.
- I am what I know, experience, do, or have.
- I can know by identifying my self with my thoughts.
- I can become good and/or I can do good.
- I can control or develop my self into something.
- If I feel bad enough then I will be and do good.
- My self is responsible for causing my thoughts.
- Damning and suppressing make evil into good.
- My feelings are out of my control.
- All I need to do is to release my feelings.
- People and events can cause my feelings.
- Chemicals, genes, and society control my mind.
- Victims have the right to act like perpetrators.
- If it should be then it must be.
- I should not have to learn or to practice anything.
- I can let people or things “get to me.”
- I am other people’s opinions of me.
- People are thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- I have been or I am glad, mad, or sad.
- Anger needs to be felt and can help cause good.
- I am self-esteem shoulda-, woulda-, coulda-beens.
- I am self-esteem good or bad has-beens.
- I am self-esteem good or bad doings.
- I will be self-esteem should-, would-, could-bes.
- Life is and can be fair and things can be equal.
- Human problems can be solved by politics.
- Human thoughts can control or change reality.
- Human thoughts are what they can only point to.
- Beauty is a measure of truth.
- Reified thoughts are reality and/or cause reality.
- Damning and demonizing help create good.
- Deifying and sentimentality are real and are good.
- Aliens are controlling or influencing our destiny.
- God has the same limitations that humans have.
- Nature made everything out of nothing for nothing.
- Life was created by destruction: big bang theory.
- Evolution is a fact and not just a fallacious theory.
- Scientists are rational and science is objective.
- Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle applies to life.
- Alternate universes are scientific facts.
- Butterflies can cause tornados.
- Matter controls, creates, and/or is over energy.
Related Page for Free Information
9 Superstitions of Counselors & Therapists