Recognize the Causes of Your Problems
- Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT & REBT).
- 9 thinking errors are explored in Planet Earth: Insane Asylum for the Universe, Second Edition
9 Fundamental Thinking Errors
- Claims to know, claims to do, claims to be, thought-thing realities, claims of powers or abilities, becoming or evolving, trying to know or do, rating people, pride or self-confidence.
1. Claims to Know
Claims to know are the beginning of all problems and errors. Without claims to know, ego cannot exist. Without claims to know, thinking errors cannot exist. Without claims to know, there are no thought-things. Knowing is the end of sensing. Knowing is the end of seeing. Knowing is the end of reasoning.
- To understand why knowing is impossible, please read We’re All Insane, Second Edition.
2. Claims to Do
Claims to do something follow claims to know something because claims to do something require knowing what to do. Since human beings are a host for doing, to claim doing is to misunderstand and misrepresent human nature and human functioning. Hosting doing is a marvelous ability that should be regarded with the awe that it deserves.
- For a greater discussion on the problems inherent in claiming to do, please read Self: Who Am I?
3. Claims to Be
Claims to be something follow claims to do something because claims to be something require claims of doing what they are desiring to be. Since humans are a host for thoughts and more, to claim to be a thought, image, or concept is to misunderstand and misrepresent human nature and human functioning.
- Humans should be proud of being hosts, not trying to become thoughts.
- For a greater discussion on the problems inherent in claiming to be, please read Mind Your Ego.
4. Thought-Thing Realities
Thought-things are thoughts that claim to be more than thoughts. The three previous errors are all thought-things. Thought-things are reified thought and reified thought is by definition always a thinking error. Reifying is when you regard humans thoughts as the realities that they can only partially describe, point to, recall, relate, report, or be about.
- Reifying is the process of creating thought-things.
- For a greater discussion on the problems inherent in thought-things, please read We’re All Insane! Second Edition.
5. Claims of Powers or Abilities
Each of the previous four thinking errors could not exist without claiming. Each error claims what is not true to be true. Each error claims as a way to exist. Humans are a wonderful creation that is beyond human knowing. Humans can be experienced but not known by other humans.
- All claiming is error. If there is any sin, then it is claiming.
- How can a host function as a host if it is claiming? Claiming denies hosting.
- Claiming is death of the host. Claiming is death of being.
Man’s goings are of the LORD;
how can a man then understand his own way?
6. Becoming or Evolving
This is the error of pride in becoming good or better. No human has ever become better or good. Humans can perform behaviors better. Humans can with practice become good at a function, habit, or behavior. But there is no evolving of human nature.
- Humans cannot make themselves become anything except through the lie of ego.
- If a human gives their identity to a self-image, then they have become that image instead of themselves.
- Giving your identity to things and thoughts is the only type of becoming that humans can do and it is murder or death.
And Jesus said unto him,
Why callest thou me good?
there is none good but one, that is, God.
7. Trying to Know, Do, or Be
Trying is insidious. In order for a human to think that they are trying to know, do, or be something, they must first accept the previous six thinking errors as true. A host does not try to host. A host either hosts or it does not host. There is no trying for the human self.
- Trying exists only for ego.
8. Rating People
Human ratings are always a thinking error for they are reifying people as negative or positive knowledge. Human ratings are also known as self-ratings, other-ratings, self-esteem, self-images, self-concepts, and ego. Ego ratings are possible, but they are dangerous because few are enlightened enough to keep ego ratings distinct from human ratings.
- You can demonize ego to good effect, but to demonize the self is to do great harm. The difference is seeing an ego as negative thought-things (uprooting) versus seeing a person as negative thought-things (murdering).
9. Pride or Self-Confidence
This is the error of believing in yourself as a cause or source. There is one source, God. There is one cause, God. This is the error of self-love, self-praise, and self-focus. For instance, this is the error of trusting and believing in yourself instead of God. Through pride, you hide the evil you serve. This is the goal of the self-esteem enthusiasts–cover evil with the mask of good.
For who maketh thee to differ from another?
and what hast thou that thou didst not receive?
now if thou didst receive it,
why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
—I Corinthians 4:7
I persistently practice preferring the positive.
—Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.
#Sensations #Thinking: 2020-03-23
1. We try to convert experience into thinking; however, experience is only alive and real when it exists as sensations, not as thoughts.
2. We try to convert action, doing, and movement into thinking; however, action, doing, and movement are only alive and real when they exist as sensations, not as thoughts.
3. We try to convert emotions and feelings into thinking; however, emotions and feelings are only alive and real when they exist as sensations, not as thoughts.
4. We try to convert reality and truth into thinking; however, reality and truth are only alive and real when they exist as sensations, not as thoughts.
5. We try to convert sensing into thinking; however, sensing is only alive and real when it exists as energy perceiving sensations, not as thoughts.
Complete discussion of these 9 thinking errors exists in Planet Earth: Insane Asylum for the Universe, Second Edition.
- 5 Thinking Positions (5TP): List of Pages
- Thinking Skills & Tools: Constructivism—Pros & Cons
- Thinking Skills & Tools: Postmodern Foolishness