What Is the Right Use of Thought?
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
- Read for a system to overcome your self-talk.
Master or Slave of Your Self-Talk?
- Master your self-talk, master yourself.
- That is the message above.
- The message below is to be free of self-talk.
- Experiment and try both.
Where & When to Think?
- J. Krishnamurti often explored the problem of thought interfering with and taking over life.
- Krishnamurti also talked about thought having its right time and place.
- Let me offer some insight into understanding one time and place where thought should not be allowed.
Thought Should Not Be Allowed
- Thought has no capability to sense, perceive, or even to think.
- Thought is a result, not a cause.
- One of the consequences of these facts is that thought cannot experience.
- And since thought cannot experience, then thought cannot come into contact with life, have a relationship with life, or discover truth.
- Thought cannot see you.
- Thought cannot experience you.
- Thought cannot capture you to kill you as some thought, image, or thing.
- Thought cannot make you become a thought.
- Thought cannot transform you over time from being one thought into being another thought.
You Are Not Thought
- Any thought about who and what you are will never be who and what you are.
- Your thinking about who and what you are is not you.
- Your thinking about who and what others are is not them.
- Your thinking about what your life is, is not your life.
- Therefore, all your self-talk is nonsense, that is about no one and nothing.
- Your self-talk is Maya, illusion, dream, delusion, fog, cloud, wall, ego, self-esteem, pride, shame, and the block that is in-between you and reality.
- It is your self-talk that prevents you from rediscovering and recontacting reality with the singleness, seriousness, and selflessness of a little child.
- Self-talk is one of the wrong times and places for thought.
- Negate your self-talk.
- Take charge of your self-talk.
- Some Mentions of Self-Talk from 2017
#Wait #Inspire: 2017-01-12
• Self-talk, either say something inspiring or wait.
• Self-talk, either say something uplifting or be quiet.
• Self-talk, either say something helpful or say nothing.
• Self-talk, either say something encouraging or just listen.
• Self-talk, either say something informative or just observe.
#Conscious #Self-talk: 2017-02-14
• Self-talk, let’s see your previous results first, or you must stop talking.
• Self-talk, let’s see exactly what we are getting, or you must stop talking.
• Self-talk, without full-disclosure and transparency, you must stop talking.
• Self-talk, let’s see your motives and intentions first, or you must stop talking.
• Self-talk, without full awareness of what you are saying, I simply don’t trust you to speak.
#Says #Self-talk: 2017-03-24
• Self-talk says that you are helpless and weak, which makes your self-talk, not you.
• Self-talk says that you are ignorant and stupid, which makes your self-talk, not you.
• Self-talk says that you are broken and defective, which makes your self-talk, not you.
• Self-talk says that you are inadequate and worthless, which makes your self-talk, not you.
• Self-talk says that you are and an outcast and unwanted, which makes your self-talk, not you.
#Self-talk #Ego: 2017-05-20
• Self-talk is the ego grazing on pride wherever it can find it.
• Self-talk is the compulsive pursuit of pride from knowing-better-than.
• Self-talk serves ego pride (ego pleasure) even at the expense of ego shame (ego pain).
• Self-talk is finding excuses to know why things should not be the way that they are (pride).
• Self-talk is finding excuses to know why things should be different from the way that they are (pride).
#Self-talk #Talks: 2017-06-02
• Self-talk talks about you as if you were not there.
• Self-talk talks about you as if you are not listening.
• Self-talk talks about you as if you were a piece of furniture in the room of your mind.
• Self-talk talks about you as if you were a computer variable to be manipulated; rather than as a living being to be valued.
• Self-talk talks about you as if you were a shell of a person or a holding spot for self-concepts and self-images that was not worth talking directly to.
#Identity #Competition: 2017-06-03
• Self-talk is competition for your identity.
• Self-talk wants to steal your identity for itself.
• Self-talk ends when you keep your identity for your being.
• Self-talk is a fight to see who gets to keep talking by claiming your identity.
• Self-talk becomes bearable when you fixate on one main concept or image identity and allow continuous variations to keep babbling.
#Termites #Mind: 2017-06-04
• Self-talk in your mind is like cancer in your heart.
• Self-talk in your mind is like termites in your house.
• Self-talk in your mind is like a disease in your brain.
• Self-talk in your mind is like parasites in your stomach.
• Self-talk in your mind is like ants and rats in your food storage.
#Self-talk #Skeptic: 2017-08-14
• When did you first disagree with your self-talk?
• When did you first recognize that your self-talk was not talking for you?
• When did you first become skeptical about the veracity of your self-talk?
• When did you first disagree with both sides of your self-talk at the same time?
• When did you first realize that your self-talk was your enemy and the friend of ego?
#Not #Thinking: 2017-11-07
• Self-talk is not you.
• Self-talk is not needed.
• Self-talk is not anyone talking.
• Self-talk is not helpful, practical, or useful.
• Self-talk is not thinking—just ego babbling.
#Deconstruct #Self-Stories: 2020-02-10
1. What drives your self-stories? Is it all about how you want or don’t want to appear to others?
2. What would you do with all of the energy and time that is wasted on imaginary self-stories?
3. What makes some self-stories memorable? Is it their appeal to ego and pride that makes them salient?
4. History and other people will never even know about, let alone remember, your self-stories because they are private fantasies and nothing more.
5. How many self-stories do, and will you remember, despite your regarding them as important and crucial at the time of their demanding center stage?
Question Your Self-Talk
Related Pages of Free Information
- Compare to: Self-Talk: Insights from 3D: Daily Dose of Discernment
- Compare to: Self-Talk: Insane-Talk
- Compare to: Thinking Skills & Tools: What Is Thinking Good For?
- Discover more about the problem of self-talk and how to overcome it, read Ego.
- Discover What’s Your Story? for related thinking about babbling self-talk.
- Read for a system that exposes and overcomes self-talk.