STPHFR Model for Feelings Infographic
- Garden will teach you an easy and effective system of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” —Viktor Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
- Stimulus (S) is the event or experience that you are thinking about.
- Thinking (T) is the thoughts that you have about what happened.
- Playback (P) is the thoughts about the event that you repeat to yourself.
- Hearting (H) is the comparisons, judgments, self-esteem ratings that you own.
- Feelings (F) is the emotions that you have from identifying with self-esteem ego ideas.
- Response (R) is how you react to the event based on how you feel about the event.
- There is not much you can control in life.
- You can control what you think, repeat to yourself, and own as yourself.
- Take responsibility for causing your own emotions and feelings so you can be responsible for your reactions and responses.
For more on self-control: Control What You Can