3 Main Spiritual Issues Underlying Ego
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“Live calmly. The time will come when the flowers bloom by themselves.” —Buddhist saying
“Our virtues are, most often, only vices in disguise.” —Francois de La Rochefoucauld
“Spiritual sloth and spiritual greed will not stay hidden.” —Rumi
“To be poured into without becoming full, and to pour out without becoming empty, without knowing how this is brought about—this is the case of ‘Containing the Light’.” —Chung Tzu
3 Main Spiritual Issues
- Look and you will find these 3 issues to be underlying all spiritual issues and problems.
The ordering of the 3 Issues
1. Know is first because it is the most common and the other two require it.
2. Do is second because it is the easiest to recognize and it is needed by the third issue.
3. Be is the third because it is the focus and goal of the other two issues.
Definition of the 3 Issues
1. Knowing is the ability to be the source of understanding of something. You use your own intelligence to comprehend.
2. Doing is the ability to cause actions using your own energy and power.
3. Being is the ability to exist independently as a self, as a distinct self-sustaining being.
All 3 Errors Based on Wanting to Be a God
- To claim to know something is to claim God-like abilities and capabilities.
- To claim to do something is to claim God-like abilities and capabilities.
- To claim to be something is to claim God-like abilities and capabilities.
- The goal of ego is to become God.
Extending the 3 Issues to 6 Issues
- The 3 issues can be easily increased in number by making the same 3 issues about someone or something else.
- This person or organization desires or claims to know good.
- This person or organization desires or claims to do good.
- This person or organization desires or claims to be good.
Table Showing the 3 Issues as Desire
- If you surrender the desires to know, do, and be something, then you will have a pure heart.
God Knows, Does, & Is
- All knowing is from God. All lying is from the Devil.
- All doing is from God. All failing is from the Devil.
- All being is God’s alone. All false being is from the Devil.
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” —John 8:44
- There is one God. There is one Goodness. You will never become a god except to your ego.
“And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” —Matthew 19:17
What Is Next?
- Practice non-knowing, not claiming.
- Practice nondoing, not trying.
- Practice reflecting the One, not self-images.
“I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.” —Socrates
Help Connecting to Not Knowing, Not Doing, & Not Being
Compare to 5 Main Spiritual Failures
Compare to 3 Ego Problems Contain Most Problems
- 3 Duties of Self-Realization
- 3 Errors & 4 Solutions
- 5 Keys of Spirituality
- Becoming Is the Enemy
- Find Self
- Find Your Host Nature: 7 Steps
- Focus on 3 Truths for Right Identity
- “I” & Right Attachment
- Know, Do & Be to Live
- Knowing Self As Something
- Nondoing: List of Related Pages
- Universality (shared human nature): Way of Peace