4 Main Spiritual Failures Start with Claiming
- Ego will help you to recognize, remove, and replace your ego: a.k.a. self-esteem.
“To be poured into without becoming full, and to pour out without becoming empty, without knowing how this is brought about—this is the case of ‘Containing the Light’.” —Chung Tzu
4 Main Spiritual Failures
- Focus your spiritual work on reducing and eliminating these errors, and all the other errors will also be addressed.
The ordering of the 4 Failures
1. Claiming is number one because the other three depend upon claiming to exist.
2. Trying is number two because trying is second in frequency to claiming.
3. Becoming is number three because becoming is openly encouraged and freely expressed.
4. Appearing is number four because it is the most suppressed and hidden of the four.
Definition of the 4 Failures
1. Claiming is the practice of attributing any abilities or capabilities of knowing, doing, or being good to yourself.
2. Trying is the practice of working towards being able to claim to know, do, or be good.
3. Becoming is the practice of seeking to evolve into states of being that know, do, or are the good.
4. Appearing is the practice of seeking to appear or to look like to others that you know what is good, do the good, or are the good.
All 4 Errors Based on Claiming
- Claiming is direct or upfront about claiming to know, do, or be the good.
- Trying is claiming to eventually be able to know, do, or be the good.
- Becoming is claiming to one day arrive at knowing, doing, or being the good.
- Appearing is claiming to know, do, or be the good by appearing to know, do, or be it.
- Appearing is also claiming to know, do, or be the good through having others believe that you know, do, or are the good.
Extending the 4 Errors to 8 Errors
The 4 errors can be easily increased in number by making the same 4 errors about someone or something else.
- This person or organization knows, does, or is the good.
- This person or organization is trying to know, do, or be the good.
- This person or organization is becoming someone or something that knows, does, and is the good.
- This person or organization appears good to get others to think that they know, do, or are the good.
Table Showing the 4 Failures with Text
Compare to 3 Main Spiritual Issues
Compare to 3 Ego Problems Contain Most Problems
- 3 Duties of Self-Realization
- 3 Ego Problems Contain Most Problems
- 5 Keys of Spirituality
- Becoming Is the Enemy
- Find Self
- Find Your Host Nature: 7 Steps
- Focus on 3 Truths for Right Identity
- “I” & Right Attachment
- Know, Do & Be to Live
- Knowing Self As Something
- Universality (shared human nature): Way of Peace